Thank you for your interest in ERTH Power Corporation, Your Hometown Utility. Our current job openings are posted below. We welcome all applications from qualified people. Our workplace is one in which we support and strive for diversity and equality.
Currently positions available:
ERTH Power (formerly Erie Thames Powerlines) is a licensed electricity distribution company servicing over 24,000 customers throughout Southwestern Ontario. ERTH Power is pleased to announce an immediate opening for a Powerline Technician in our Ingersoll Operations Centre. This position is responsible for constructing and maintaining all overhead and underground distribution lines and associated apparatus. This position will have a responsibility to be on-call and must be available to respond to 24-hour emergency situations within the time mandates set out by the Ontario Energy Board and the Company.
Qualified applicants, who meet the following criteria, will be considered.
- Must possess a Powerline Technician Certificate of Qualification or Interprovincial Red Seal Certification (or equivalent) and a Grade 12 High School Diploma
- Must be literate and able to perform manual mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- CPR/1st Aid training
- WHMIS training
- Valid Ontario Class DZ or AZ-Restricted Driver’s License in good standing (Minimum)
- Readily available for Overtime and On-Call Duty
- Effective communication skills to successfully interact with customers and peers
- Willingness and ability to understand and abide by all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Knowledge of electrical inspection process
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret drawings
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment that includes heavy lifting, stretching and pulling, climbing, working at heights and extreme weather conditions
- Must have an excellent safety record and continually demonstrate safe working habits and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work effectively and safely in a team environment and follow instructions from supervisor and peers
- Ability to use sound judgment, be flexible and responsible
- Must be able to demonstrate focus and attention to detail
- Must be organized
ERTH is an equal-opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
In accordance with ERTH’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as a condition of employment, successful job applicants must provide written proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date. This requirement is subject only to valid human rights-based requests for accommodation to the point of undue hardship.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply, in confidence, by submitting a resume, stating qualifications and work experience by Friday, May 5th, 2023. Please email email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.