On November 1, 2022, Time-of-Use (TOU) and Tiered prices for residential and small business customers under the Ontario Energy Board’s (OEB) Regulated Price Plan (RPP) will decrease. The winter Time-of-Use (TOU) hours and the change in the Tier threshold for residential customers on Tiered pricing will take effect November 1 as usual and remain in place until April 30, 2023.
Also effective November 1, 2022, the Ontario government’s Ontario Electricity Rebate (OER) will decrease to 11.7%.
Winter Time-of-Use (TOU) Pricing
- Off-Peak (Weekdays 7pm – 7am, all day weekends and holidays) – 7.4¢/kWh
- Mid-Peak (Weekdays 11am – 5pm) – 10.2¢/kWh
- On-Peak (Weekends 7am – 11am and 5pm – 7pm) – 15.1¢/kWh
Winter Tiered Pricing
- Residential – first 1,000 kWh/month
- Non-residential – first 750 kWh/month
- Residential – for electricity used above 1,000 kWh/month
- Non-residential – for electricity used above 750 kWh/month
The prices outlined above do not include other lines on your bill, like delivery. If you have a contract with an electricity retailer, you pay the price agreed upon in the contract, not the price set by the OEB. Effective November 1, 2022 the Ontario government’s Ontario Electricity Rebate will be changed to 11.7%.
For more information, please visit the opens in a new windowOntario Energy Board website.