Accessing Green Button Data
Already have MyAccount?
- Log in to MyAccount online
- On the menu, click the Green Button icon on the left
- You will be redirected to the Green Button Data landing page. From here you may Download My Data (DMD) or view any existing authorized third-party Data Shares
Don’t have MyAccount?
- Go directly to the opens in a new windowGreen Button Portal
- Enter the required account information to validate that you are the account owner and access your data
- To view or download your data, click the Download My Data tab, select your data preferences, and click Download My Data
- To view or revoke access to your existing authorized third-party vendor, click the Data Shares tab
- To authorize a new third-party data share, visit the authorized third-party’s website and follow the instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Green Button being implemented?
Ontario is providing families and businesses more control over their electricity and natural gas bills with the introduction of a new Green Button Standard that will allow access to their data with a goal of better tracking energy use, reducing bills and saving money. On November 1, 2021, the Ontario Ministry of Energy announced that electric and natural gas utilities across the province must provide their customers with access to Green Button data no later than November 1, 2023. Read the full news release
What is Green Button?
Green Button is a data standard that provides energy customers with more choice in how you access your electricity and natural gas data. With a simple and secure process, customers will be able to securely download (access) or connect (share) their energy usage data in an industry-standard format with registered 3rd parties.
What is GreenButton Download My Data® (DMD)?
Download My Data (DMD) enables utility consumers to manually access their utility data in an industry-standard XML format. Customers can then analyze historical and recent usage data to identify trends and make informed choices about their usage.
What is GreenButton Connect My Data® (CMD)?
Connect My Data (CMD) is the industry standard for securely authorizing and sharing utility data with third-party solution providers. With CMD, utility consumers can digitally authorize their usage data to be shared with energy-efficiency applications, clean energy companies, analytics firms, and others, who can view and analyze the data and provide additional insights into managing and conserving resource consumption.
How does Green Button data benefit energy consumers?
- Improve energy efficiency – Consumers can use Green Button data to identify and compare their energy usage in order to improve energy efficiency within their home or business.
- Reduce energy costs – By learning their usage patterns and habits, consumers can make informed choices about how much energy they use and when they use it. When consumers use energy during off-peak hours (also known as peak-shaving) and invest in energy-efficient appliances, it saves money and can help reduce strain on the grid.
- Energy conservation – consumers can use their data to conserve energy to help reduce their carbon footprint and protect the environment.
- Secure access – with Green Button standards, consumers can rest assured that their data and private information is secure. Utilities must go through a strict testing and certification process to become Green Button standard-compliant.
Third-Party Vendor Registration
Third-party vendors must register through ERTH Power. Please review our . If you are interested in becoming an authorized third-party vendor, please click the button link below to begin the application process.
Register as a Vendor
GREEN BUTTON and the Green Button Logo are registered trademarks owned by Departments of the U.S. Government.