Effective November 1, 2019, the Government of Ontario introduced the Ontario Electricity Rebate providing eligible customers with a 31.8% reduction on the pre-tax amount of their bill. There are new eligibility requirements for the OER. In order to receive the new rebate, if you fall under one of the scenarios below, you’ll need to complete and send us this form no later than January 31, 2020.
- The consumer has a demand for electricity of 50 kilowatts or less.
- The consumer annually uses not more than 250,000 kilowatt hours of electricity.
- The consumer carries on a business that is a farming business for the purposes of the Farm Registration and Farm Organizations Funding Act, 1993, and holds a valid registration number assigned under that Act or the consumer’s obligation to file a farming business registration form was waived pursuant to an order made under subsection 22 (6) of that Act.
- The account is in respect of a long-term care home licensed under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, other than an account that is also in respect of a hospital.
- The account is solely in respect of a multi-unit complex and all the following conditions are met:
- The account has (i) a demand for electricity greater than 50 kilowatts and (ii) annual electricity consumption greater than 250,000 kilowatt hours.
- The multi-unit complex contains at least two units (“qualifying units”) that consist of a self-contained room or set of rooms, including kitchen and bathroom facilities, that are for the sole use or intended use of the unit, and are occupied and used as a residence.
- Ontario Electricity Rebate Declaration Form_OEB